This slaw has such a light and refreshing crisp flavour. It’s the perfect dish to share at potlucks since it can be left out without the worry of spoiling, like other dairy heavy coleslaws! I plan on making this side dish as part of our family Christmas dinner this year. Once you taste it you’ll want to share it with others too.
The powerful plant based slaw is loaded with broccoli, carrots, kale, red cabbage and pairs nicely mixed with the Raw Apple Raisin Chutney. The chutney adds sweetness with the subtle flavours of ginger and garlic. The tangy flavour comes from the apple cider vinegar used in the Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette. If you didn’t know, apple cider vinegar has a long list of benefits to your body and many uses around the home. Just google it to find out more! Make sure to buy one that is unpasteurized, unfiltered, and contains the “mother” for the best quality and benefits.
The best part of this slaw is you can prepare it ahead of time or the night before and it will still retain the crunch of the fresh raw vegetables. If pressed for time, this slaw can also be made without the chutney and simply tossed in the Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette. It still tastes delicious! Give it a try, serve it at your next get together and let me know if it was a hit with your friends or family!
- 1 - 340g bag Broccoli Slaw (or sub thinly sliced green cabbage)
- ½ cup Carrots, peeled and cut julienne style
- ½ cup Kale, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- ⅓ to ½ cup Raw Apple Raisin Chutney
- ⅓ to ½ cup Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- Add broccoli slaw, carrots, kale, and red cabbage to a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine. Start with ⅓ cup, use more if desired.
- Add the chutney and toss to combine. Start with ⅓ cup, use more if desired.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve. Top with black sesame seeds prior to serving.
- Keeps well overnight.