The first time I bought miso paste was for this dressing. I knew miso helps strengths your immune system but didn’t realize it’s also a complete protein, containing all the essential amino acids. Miso is a soybean mixture that is fermented and restores beneficial probiotics to the intestines. It has a sweet and salty flavour that can be used in a variety of recipes. I look forward to experimenting with miso paste after tasting this awesome dressing!
The dressing is perfect on kale which many people find bitter and overpowering to enjoy. Check out this Miso Sesame Kale Salad to try it out. I have also used this dressing as a spread in lentil carrot sandwiches, a recipe I’ll share with you soon.
- ¼ cup Miso Paste (I used the Shiro type)
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos (can use soy sauce or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ½ tablespoon Ginger, finely grated
- 1 large Garlic Clove, minced
- ¼ cup Grapeseed oil (or other oil)
- Combine all ingredients, except the grapeseed oil, in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- With the motor still running, slowly drizzle in oil until combined.
- Store in a glass jar with lid in the fridge. Makes about a cup.