Can you believe it’s already May? The Two Kitchens is kicking off an a-maize-ing spring/summer season with a fabulous Que Pasa, chips, and salsa giveaway!
Que Pasa Mexican Foods is a proudly Canadian, family-owned and independent Mexican inspired food company based in BC, and part of the Nature’s Path Foods family of organic brands. Specializing in delicious organic, non-GMO tortilla chips and salsas, all their delicious tortilla chips are made in Canada. The corn is stone-ground with real volcanic lava stone from Mexico. They’re proud to be the #1 organic chip brand loved by fellow Canadians! See more below for the contest details and entry.
Que Pasa Taste Testing Fiesta! The Two Kitchens held an early Cinco De Mayo celebration dinner, and had our families do a blind taste testing with the assortment of Que Pasa chips and salsa varieties. The results…
- The overwhelming favourite of both the adults, and kids was the mild salsa. It had a great, thick, texture, with lots of chunks. Because it was mild, it had a fresh, sweet, tomato flavour which we all enjoyed. It’s a great salsa for kids, or anyone who doesn’t care for anything too spicy or acidic.
- The second favourite was the medium salsa. It too had a lovely, thick texture, with lots of chunks. It was decently spicy, but not overwhelmingly so. The spiciness did alter the tomato flavour a bit, it was more acidic, with a sharper after taste. It’s a great salsa for adults, or served alongside a fresh, cool, guacamole.
- The third favourite was the chipotle salsa. Again, the texture was great, thick and chunky. Before we cracked open the jar, we discussed how chipotle imparts a really strong, smoky flavour, and a little goes a long way. The salsa was quite smoky. Some of us really really enjoyed the flavour, whereas the rest of us found it overpowered the underlying tomato taste. It’s a great salsa for people who love a deep, roasted, smoky flavour.
- All three types of chips (yellow, red, and blue corn) were fantastic. Crispy, not too salty, minimum broken chips in each bag; the perfect chips for dipping into all three salsas!
Que Pasa Foods Everyday Fiesta Cinco De Mayo Giveaway includes:
- Assortment of Que Pasa organic, non-GMO chips crafted from whole kernel corn ground with real volcanic lava stone – the traditional way they’ve been made in Mexico for generations. They’re also gluten free, vegan, low sodium, and super delicious!
- Assortment of Que Pasa organic salsa, including Medium Mexicana, Mild, and Smoky Chipotle flavours
- Free product vouchers so that you can keep the fiesta going on summer long!
(Total value: $50 CAD)
Here are a few recipe ideas from The Two Kitchens for Cinco De Mayo or other fiestas: